Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Celebrating Easter


I don't know about you, but Easter has sure snuck up on me this year!  I suppose it could be because my mom is no longer here to make plans and remind me.  *sigh*  But instead of  mopping the kitchen floor today, which desperately needs it, I decided to stamp and blog.  I had stamped a tree just like this a few years ago for a class and had a few leftover which I thought I'd use... but ended up restamping it so the paper was the right size. 
I loved the MOJO sketch for this week and tried to figure out how to incorporate this image with that sketch and here is what I came up with.  True to form, I took some artistic liberties.  But my punched circle scallop is supposed to suffice for the large circle. 

Here's a quick shot at the inside.  Simple and sweet, I think.  Are you wondering what on earth I'm photographing my card on?? 

Well, here is a project I did recently which I hadn't thought to share with you until now.  It is a display piece I made to showcase my cards at our local consignment boutique.  Isn't it neat?!  Just took an old frame that went through college with me and spray painted it, distressed it some and added chickenwire.  It is BIG and holds LOTS of cards.  I bought Stampin' Up's mini clothespins to hold the cards on. Big clothes pins worked but bent the cards and bit and took up too much space.



It is kind of fun and handy to photograph on!  I'm going to hate to give it up, but I can always make another one or two.  ;) 

Thanks for stopping by today and giving me the perfect excuse to not mop!
~Kristin

ETA:  Sorry for so many photos.  Trying to upload the best one but none of them look near as good once uploaded as they do in my photo editing software.  This is a new problem.  Yikes! 
SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Branch out, Well Scripted, Wonderful Words
Colors:  Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride
Accessories:  Big Shot, Dotted embossing folder, large scallop circle punch, Crop-a-Dile, jumbo eyelet, dotted scallop ribbon border punch, Beautiful Wings embosslit, pearl

13 comments:

  1. ack! that frame was the first thing I was going to comment on....how cool is that!!! love your card. It's so YOU and totally fabulous. love how you popped up the leafy part with that cool die cut. And your comment about your mom made me tear up a bit. {{{hugs}}} to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, Love this card. The tree is such fun. What did you use for the tire..a large eyelet? Like your frame to showcase your cards. I need something for a women's expo coming up. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, wow, first I'm so glad to find you through MOJO and I'm joining your site - love your work! Second, I love that tree set and am totally CASEing what you did with it. Third, very clever invention for displaying your fabulous cards! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely, what a cool take on the sketch. Love your frame too, I will have to put that on my "honey do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! How did you do the tree? I would love to give this a try. And your frame...brilliant! I'm doing my first craft show in December and this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tree, Kristin! Congratulations on winning the Mojo Monday contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I love that tree. Congratulations on winning over at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is brilliant and I'm glad you took a little liberty with the shape. Congratulations on your Mojo win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cool. Love the tree cut out with scallop! The butterfly is nice on there too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwwwwwwww very original card !!! Is amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy cow!!! you won! I just saw your name....hopefully you already saw this, but thought I'd pass it on anyway. :) still love this card! http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/2012/04/mojo-monday-235-winners.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! I'm not a bit surprised!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)