Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ice Cream Birthday

Good morning! Welcome to another Wednesday Diva Coffee Break Designs Color Challenge! This week our challenge is to use Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise and Dusty Durango. Well guess what, I somehow completed my card before realizing that I used Tango Tangerine instead of Dusty Durango. Oops! I think I can blame it on the fact that I reorganized my inks and paper with SU's new Color Collections in mind just prior to making this card and just got confused. Oh well, I'm sure I like Tango Tangerine better than Dusty Durango anyway. This color combo was hard enough for this subtle and simplistic gal anyway.

So this stamp set, which will be debuting in the Summer Mini Catalog on May 1, just arrived on my doorstep yesterday. It is called Sweet Scoops and I anticipate having loads of fun with this one! I decided to try using the sugar cone stamp as a pennant banner and I think it turned out cute. Also tried to duplicate that triangle shape with the Pinking Hearts border punched on the left side.

I also used the sprinkles as confetti on the Pink Passion background as well as to a few scoops. Had to add in those Tempting Turquoise brads on the bottom right corner just for some balance. I used the white gel pen for some detail on the banner and some Dazzling Diamonds with the sprinkles for fun.

The inside is all complete and decorated too but blogger will NOT allow me to upload the photo for some reason. I'll try again later to see if it works. If not, it says "Have a sweet celebration!" which is the sentiment that came with this set. The "Happy Birthday" that I used here is from a retired set called It's Your Birthday.

So what do you think? Wouldn't this be cute for a birthday invitation?!

Now go visit the Diva blog for more inspiration and be sure to link your creation so we can consider you as our next Featured Artist!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Scoops, It's Your Birthday
Colors: Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Accessories: Tempting Turquoise brads, white gel pen, dazzling diamonds, Pinking Hearts border punch

3 comments:

  1. what a festive card. great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, are you clever or what?!? I love how you made pennant banner with the cone stamp...too cute!!! Your card is darling Kristin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza!! This card is fantabulous!! You should send it in to SU for a contest!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)