Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome Baby!

Hello, and TGIF! Today I'm using the soft and springy color combination from the Color Throwdown (CTD87) to use pink, gray and soft olive. I think this counts! I've used two shades of pink, two shades of gray and I never pass up the opportunity to use Kiwi Kiss!

The sketch is from Mojo Monday (MOJO133)- isn't it great?!! Did you notice my Going Gray piece that is crimped? I think it unintentionally ended up being reminiscent of a picket fence.

This is my first use of the stamp set called Good Neighbors which was one of the last FREE sets I earned during Sale-a-Bration. First I stamped the house and trees but decided it was a little too bare so then I cut a template for a sidewalk, used temporary adhesive to put it in place, another piece of scrap paper over the house and sponged on some Kiwi grass. What do you think? It is supposed have a welcoming feel for the arrival of a new baby.

So do you think my "Welcome Baby" is bold enough or should I have stamped it in white? It is actually in Rose Red which is more obvious in person.

Well, gotta run. Off to watch the Fort Wayne Komets play tonight! Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday (hopefully!)
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Good Neighbors, Short & Sweet
Colors: Basic Gray, Going Gray, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red
Accessories: Satin Kiwi ribbon, Pinking Hearts border punch, Heart to Heart punch, crimper

5 comments:

  1. SO cute! I love your "picket fence"! What a great idea...and your color choices for the CTD are perfect! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I LOVE how you sponged the yard and sidewalk in front of the house! Super creative! Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo cute! and I love the grey piece-totally thought you meant to do that. It is such a fun accent to the card, and completely looks like a picket fence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card. Love that trio of hearts! Thanks for playing Mojo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love how the Pinking Hearts mixed with the Crimper almost looks like a picket fence. Great technique! Great job with both challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)