Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Birthday Sketch

Good morning!  Are you ready for another wonderful sketch from Diva Coffee Break Designs?  I had some time to play a few days ago and enjoyed whipping this clean & simple card out.  I exchanged one of the layers on the sketch for a "layer" of dry embossing with my Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.  What do you think? 

The row of candles on the Concord Crush layer is from the single candle in the Party Hearty stamp set.  This color scheme was selected at random by flipping through my new SU Color Coach- love that thing!  Did you noticed the scallop rectangle that my sentiment is on??  That is the new Clearlit Scallop Rectangle die that is used with the Big Shot.  I totally thought it was bigger than that when I looked at it in the catalog but it is the perfect size for a nice sentiment piece I think! 

I topped it off with a flower from the Boho Blossoms punch (cut in between each petal) and a Concord Crush glimmer brad.  Hope you like it- I had fun making this one!  Go check out the other Diva's creations then play along, why don't you!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Party Hearty, Well Scripted
Colors: Crumb Cake, Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Concord Crush ribbon, Scallop Rectangle Clearlit, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, In Colors Glimmer Brads, Boho Blossoms Punch

2 comments:

  1. such a pretty card. ♥ the layout, and the rich purple with that neutral. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty! I love that color combo. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)