Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Miss you!

Hello again!  Well, here is another card and another attempt at creative photo editing with my new software.  I'm still learning obviously, it seems a little overprocessed to me, but I think this is an improvement over yesterday. 

Anyway, had fun playing with this sketch from the Clean & Simple blog.  Not sure why, but as soon as I saw it I thought I wanted to use this map paper from the Newsprint collection of Designer Series Paper.  The hot air balloon from Up, Up & Away set came to mind next.  Colors are Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, black and vanilla. 

Did you happen to notice the embossed clouds on the Lucky Limeade card base??  Here's a hint at how I did those.  It's been awhile since I've tried making my own texture plate so took me a few tries, but in a nutshell here's how you do it:  punch or cut out shapes from scrap cardboard (this was a thin piece that I was able to punch).  Next, glue the cutouts to a scrap piece of cardstock.  I use a piece that is exactly 5.5"x4.25 so I can line it up with my card front.  Finally, stack it like this:  Multipurpose platform first (no tabs), then a cutting pad (clear plate), your template with clouds or whatever, cardstock, silicone rubber, then impressions pad. 

You may need to experiment with the "sandwich" a bit to find out what works for you... but please BE CAREFUL, Big Shots are NOT indestructible!  I'd start with a lean sandwich first then make it thicker until it works for you.
Gotta run.  Thanks for stopping by again!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Up, Up & Away
Colors:  Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Build-a-Cupcake punch, scallop circle punch, small oval punch, Everyday Enchantment organdy ribbon in Lucky Limeade (a Sale-a-Bration freebie starting Jan. 24!), and Newsprint DSP

1 comment:

  1. First let me say what an awesome card. Beautiful designed and I love all the elements you've used. And let me thank you for the build a cloud embossing information.......... I noticed them immediately and thought "oh I wish I had that embossing plate". Who knew you could make one yourself! Thanks so much for your inspiration and wisdom.

    Penny
    http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)