Thursday, May 24, 2012

Congrats, Grad!

As a high school teacher and coach my husband is easily invited to dozens of graduation parties every year.  So every year about this time I'm frantically making graduation cards.  This year I actually remembered to take some photos to share.  True to my nature I struggle making multiples of the same design, but I did.  Then came up with a few variations on the design to keep it interesting...and because gluing on all those photo corners became tedious.  And YES, if you're wondering, this is the ONLY graduation stamp set I own!  Love it though, so why not?

Here is an inside shot.  The sentiment, while the same as one of SU's sets that I don't have, is from a Verve set that I won.  Love that phrase and I think it is perfect for a graduation card. 

In case you didn't notice, the large star is punched in the inside making a window to see through.  I just glued on a strip of the First Edition DSP (LOVE that stuff!) to hold the small star in place.  Just for fun!

Here are two more versions using nearly all the same materials.  The card base on these is either Sahara Sand or Crumb Cake (ran out of Sahara Sand!).  Other colors are black and either Real Red or Riding Hood red depending on which card you're looking at.  The ones with the glitter paper circle use Real Red.



So glad you decided to stop by!  Have a super busy weekend planned so may not be back until next week, we'll see.  In the mean time, go drool over the new Stampin' Up! Catalog.  I just got my boxes yesterday and am in LOVE!  My wish list is quite a bit longer than usual.

 
Ooh, almost forgot... used the sketch from Clean & Simple for these last two designs! It was perfect!
 

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Go, Graduation; Varsity Numbers
Colors:  Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Real Red, White
Accessories:  Glitter paper, star punches, circles punches, Photo corner punch, circle brads, dotted scalloped ribbon in black

1 comment:

  1. these ROCK!!! love that owl and your designs are amazing. I really love the star one, the second one. But the first one with the corner punches is really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)