Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mosaic Birthday


 A special someone I know is turning 6 soon and rather than forget until the last minute I decided to be on the ball and make her card now!  OK, so my usual sketch-flipping, creative license is in full force on this one considering the given sketch below.  I think you can see how I got from one to the other (if you squint).  Anyway, it was fun AND I got to put my new Mosaic Madness stamp set and coordinating punch to work so there you go.


And true to form, I mixed in some (really) old with the new.  Don't go looking in the SU catalog for the ribbon slide.  It is LONG gone, and the chipboard 6... I have no idea where that even came from.  However, the numbers stamped in the background- those are from a current set (had to look it up to be sure) called Bring on the Cake.  I just did some creative inking by omitting portions of the stamp I didn't want (like the word happy and the other letters).  The Happy Birthday is current too- yippee!  Itty Bitty Banners it is from and it can be cut out with a framelit called Bitty Banners, although I ended up cutting by hand because it slipped (no I don't have the magnetic base yet but here's a good reason why you should.)  
Anyway, here is the cool sketch.  Click on it to be linked back to the original site!  Thanks again for stopping by.  I do have another card to post if I get around to it...  be prepared for some fall colors and some embossing (wet not dry)!  
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Bring on the Cake, Mosaic Madness, Itty Bitty Banners
Colors:  Baked Brown Sugar, Raspberry Ripple, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantalope, Whisper White
Accessories:  Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardward (ribbon slide), chipboard, Mosaic punch

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - totally love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute! Great color combo, too. And, yes, I can see the sketch - without squinting ;)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, and I absolutely love what you did with the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card - thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)