Friday, April 24, 2009

Accordion Fold AKA Stair Step Card coming right up...

As promised, here is my specially designed Accordion Fold card we did at my Stamp Camp last night. I first saw this card when LeeAnn Greff did one for a GSG Swap at Convention last year (yeah LeeAnn!!). I tried it and loved it and so did my friend Nancy. This time I decided to see how it worked out with my Beautiful Butterflies Die for the Big Shot and I think it worked pretty well. You can get 4 different sized butterflies with this die so it worked great!

Each step on the card has a different size and a different pattern of paper from the Urban Garden DSP. Finished it off with some Kiwi satin ribbon and the sentiment from Oval All punched with the new scallop oval punch (both in the Occasions Mini right now!) and called it done! I love how it turned out.


Here is a side view of the card with the ribbon slipped off. It sits nicely on a table or shelf when open. Dimensional and interactive cards like these are always so fun to make and a special treat to the recipient. Why don't you try one??

I have seen various directions on scoring but this uses exactly 1/2 a sheet of cardstock cut lengthwise so as to get 2 from one piece of paper. It is scored every 1 3/8". Somehow my folds don't always work out perfectly but really you probably wouldn't even notice. Once you have the scoring done you are ready to decorate however you wish- your imagination is the limit! I'd love to see what you do with this fold- please link your card here if you decide to try it! I'll definitely visit.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Oval All
Paper: Baha Breeze, Urban Garden DSP
Accessories: Beautiful Butterflies Big Shot Die, Big Shot, Rhinestone brad, Large oval punch, Scalloped oval punch, Kiwi Satin Ribbon

8 comments:

  1. Love the butterfly idea, Kristin! This looks awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual Lovely! You are always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty- I bet my sister who loves butterflies would love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card rocks! looks fabulous with those butterflies. hope your class went well. tell me all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, you did an awesome job.
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beyond gorgeous, Kristin! I'm so CASEing this one - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea.. Thanks! The dps are great. I would like to case it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)