Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mojo Monday

Yes I know it's Tuesday... sorry, I'm still catching up. But guess what- I've made two cards today and I have more ideas in mind!

Both of these designs were made with this week's Mojo sketch in mind! As always it is a nice unique sketch that was easy to work with and offers great flexibility of design.

First up is this 4 1/4" square card which was done using the Beautiful Butterflies Big Shot Die (p. 196) which is exclusive to SU, as well as the papers from the Urban Oasis designer series paper collection (p. 161).

Also in the center of the butterfly is a felt flower (Flower Fusion Too) with a pewter Build-a-Brad! The Basic Gray taffeta ribbon is wrapped around the top of the gray patterned paper which is only attached at the top so the bottom kind of floats like an awning!

This second card just proves you can take a sketch and go in a totally different direction! This doubles as my take on yesterday's Clean & Simple challenge on SCS to take inspiration from the kids' bedding on the JC Penney website.

Here is the bedding I selected (mostly because I had papers out in those colors). For my hunting/trapping family members' cards/albums I am always making my own camoflage paper by stamping a single image (usually an animal) over and over in various colors so they all overlap. That's what I did for the background on the top part of this card. I actually used the wolf that is cut out and popped up as the focal image. This was just a fun masculine birthday card.

Here's the Mojo sketch if you'd like to play along! I'd love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Butterfly Card
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Urban Oasis
Accessories: Beautiful Butterflies Die, Big Shot, Build-a-Brad, Felt Flowers, Basic Gray Taffeta ribbon, scallop edge punch
Masculine Birthday Card
Stamps: Nature Silhouettes, All Holidays
Paper: Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: spiral punch

2 comments:

  1. great job with these cards...absolutely love the butterfly one!! gorgeous..the masculine just perfect!!! two great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your first card. It has all my favorite elements. your second card is just as great and I love that you did two with this sketch to show how versatile a sketch can be. great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)