Monday, April 27, 2009

Little bit of ribbon...

For today's CAS challenge we were to use a little bit of ribbon. I am in need of a few sympathy cards so here is one I made for this challenge.

I embossed the tree and sentiment in black. Tried to keep this very simple, that seems appropriate for a sympathy card I think. Red may seem an unusual choice for this type of card but it is for the family of a former boss of my husband's (he's a teacher). Red is one of the school colors so I thought it would be a nice touch since he worked in our local school system for so long and had such a big impact on students for many years.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Frames & Flourishes
Cardstock: Kraft, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, black EP, Wide Oval punch

1 comment:

  1. Love your little bit of ribbon. (I adore embossing that tree, too)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)