Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mojo Monday on a Thursday!

Guess what- I am finally feeling back to normal I think! I've been wanting to play along with the Mojo Monday sketch all week and finally got to it this evening! It helps that DH has my kiddos at a track meet right now.

As always I loved the sketch and was excited to play with it (this is my 10th Mojo sketch already!!). This stamp set is new to me. I hadn't planned to get it- not because I don't like it, but because I figured I could live without it (and admittedly I hadn't checked the gallery or I'd have caved a LONG time ago!) However, I stuck it on my last order thanks to a freebie from SU so here it is! Man do I love it now!

Anyway, I started with some Urban Oasis paper and just went from there. I used a blender pen with some ink picked up from the ink pad lids to color in the butterfly- love that look! To try to distinguish each layer I pierced one, roughed up one and lifted the sentiment layer with dimensionals. Don't ask me why I scalloped the top of one panel and the bottom of the other- kind of showing my quirky/funky side there I guess. I had to throw on the filigree brad for some bling- I have only 1 small one left and all big ones. And man am I getting my use out of those 5/16" jumbo brads- you can't accuse me of hoarding those babies!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad to be back amongst my stamping friends!

~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Great Friend
Paper: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Urban Oasis DSP
Accessories: Filigree brad, Kiwi Satin ribbon, paper piercing tools, 5/16" silver jumbo brads, scallop edge punch, blender pen, distressing tool
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Baha Breeze

5 comments:

  1. Oh Kristin, this is amazing! You can tell you're feeling better now! I LOVE this card! And now you got me wanting those jumbo brads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! Love the colors and the new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super-duper card! You also did an amazing job cutting out that frame ... all those curvy and pointy cuts are perfect. Whew!
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! This was a great sketch and you've done a great job with it!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)