Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dreamy Bermuda Snowflakes!

I've been so inspired by (Michelle) Zindorf on SCS for her brayering techniques and amazing art! This card of hers is what I had in the back of my mind when I started playing around with these stamps and colors.

I started out just doing one snowflake on glossy white paper then kept going and then decided to cut it out with the Top Note die and Big Shot. I intended to daub on some Bermuda Bay, Sage Shadow and Soft Sky but turns out I really only needed the Bermuda Bay. I used a sponge dauber and just added the deepest color first and as the ink ran out I kept swirling and daubing (not an exact science obviously!) Ooh, did I mention that the snowflakes are embossed in white?? I guess that would help!

Initially I had the sentiment embossed in white on a piece of Bermuda cardstock which looks lovely, but covered up too many of my snowflakes so I decided to switch to vellum so nothing is covered. So glad I did!

I hope you like it and maybe try this technique out yourself!
Smiles,
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Many Merry Messages
Colors: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Top Note die, Big Shot, Glossy white cardstock, vellum cardstock, white EP

8 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. Like the sentiment on the vellum, too.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love the colors and top note. Beautiful and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite lovely - very serene feeling! The vellum was an inspired choice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning! What a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)