Saturday, September 26, 2009

Snow Happy

Well, I'm on a scrapbook roll this weekend! I've got 7 pages done now. It helps that I've gotten a lot of new goodies recently like the 4-pack of snowflake sizzlit dies for the Big Shot, the Billboard alphabet strip and the wide black striped ribbon as shown here. I typically do 2 page spreads, but this is the only single page spread I did this time.

Here's a spread of the snowy December day. Here I've used the Serene Snowflakes, that same snowflake die and black striped ribbon as well as the 12x12 textured Melon Mambo paper! My title is bugging me and I'm so tempted to redo it. The alphabet is the Big Deal set and I'm ashamed to admit I've used the 'T' several times including here, pondered why on earth the tail goes the wrong way, and FINALLY realized that I switched the 'F' and 'T' when I mounted them! Seriously! I've had this set for a long time and have always been irritated by that dumb 'T'!! Anyway, that title is done with the Silver Shimmer Paint from the Holiday Mini ctalog. I basically just made an inkpad out of a barely damp paper towel folded over several times. Then dabbed some shimmer paint onto the inkpad and smeared it around with a sponge. It isn't perfect here but wait until you see the next page- it worked much better!


These pages are going in two different albums so it's OK to use the same title (in case you were wondering). That snowflake and the title were both stamped with the Shimmer Paint! Isn't that sharp on the black?! I was at a loss how to work with all these white pictures and not many great shots but I like how this turned out considering.

I'll show you my last layout another day- it isn't photo'd yet.

Thanks for stopping by! 'Night.

~Kristin

PS- I've noticed that my double page spreads cannot be clicked on for a closer view and I'm not sure why. I did take photos of each page individually. What do you think, should I post those as well or instead of the 2 page spreads??

1 comment:

  1. yeah!!!! these are all wonderful! aren't you loving that new ribbon. you made it look wonderful here. I think that black and white page is perfect, it was a great way to showcase all that white in the photos. and I had to chuckle about the big deal alpha. glad you got your scrapin' mojo on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)