Monday, March 29, 2010

Creamy Pink Durangos?!!

Last week's color challenge on SCS was to use Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink and Dusty Durango. I had never considered these colors together but as soon as I pulled out scraps of each color I was instantly excited to try them! I'm not a huge Dusty Durango fan, so small doses is just the perfect use for my taste.

This layout is from a sketch on the Clean & Simple Stampin' Blog (FTL84)... always a great place to find a good sketch! It is a 4.25x4.25 square card.

I used the stamp set Happy Moments (again!) and watercolored the flowers with an aquapainter and ink from the lids of the ink pads. The Vanilla paper is watercolor paper which is why you can see some texture. This is my first use of this Pinking Hearts border punch (is that what it's called??) I'm glad I finally broke down and bought it because it definitely is a different look than anything else I've got.

So glad you stopped by today. Looking forward to some absolutely gorgeous weather by the end of this week- can't wait!!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Happy Moments
Colors: Creamy Caramel, Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Dusty Durango
Accessories: Aquapainter, Pink gingham ribbon, Pinking Hearts border punch, 3/4" circle punch, notch corner punch

2 comments:

  1. love everything about this-the layout, I have to try, and your pretty soft colors/coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)