Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A few Fish Stories

Here's another layout I finished this weekend. Both layouts were inspired by sketches from various magazines. The papers I used were all from a retired SU collection called Playground (I believe). I can't say enough about how wonderful it is to work with Stampin' Up! collections of patterned papers when scrapbooking. The coordination and excellent design choices make pages a snap! The alphabet title on this page is an old alpha for my Sizzix that works in my Big Shot (woohoo!) and the little scribble detail is a sizzlit available through Stampin' Up! called
Swirls Scribbles. Did you notice the scribble detail here again? I used the throw-away part from cutting it out for the previous page as a stencil and sponged some white ink over it. Worked like a charm for making fun coordinating accents. The word "stories" is an alphabet I borrowed from Lisa and I'm not sure of the brand or name of it, sorry!

Here's the entire layout as it will be in my album. And I've got a Stampin' Tip for you that I've learned from experience!
Stampin' Tip:
  • If you are behind in your scrapbooks but work chronologically (as I do, these pages are from 2005) then take some time to save your thoughts behind the pictures when saving them on your computer. This will help tremendously when journaling and you will be SO GLAD you did 5 years down the road! Trust me! ;)

Thanks for stopping by! You know I'll be back tomorrow with my Diva card and challenge and maybe another scrapbook layout. Have a great day!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies

Stamps: Circle Circus (for circles on the chipboard "fish")
Papers: Playground DSP, Whisper White
Accessories: Swirls Scribbles Sizzlit, Big Shot, Chipboard, non-SU Sizzix alpha

3 comments:

  1. Lovely layout. I totally agree with what you said about using SU products to make scrapbook pages. So easy & fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin fab pages and layouts....These are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)