Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lisa's Challenge!

As I mentioned yesterday, Lisa and I challenged each other during our afternoon of virtual stamping together. Her challenge was a 1,2,3 LIST challenge in which we were to use:
1 piece of DP
2 embellishments
3 layers
and just to make it a little more challenging-NOT an A2 size card.

I did the best I could and at least it got me stamping again. My one piece of DP was the printed sheet music I used, 2 embellishments are the punched flowers and the punched bird. My three layers (use your imagination) are the Cheesecloth stamped background, the next layer is the stamped & embossed grass (Inspired by Nature), and finally, the third layer is the flower and bird punches. I know- it's a stretch! But it is 4.25" square card so I accomplished that part for sure!

I have a thank you note card from my sister that inspired this card- in fact I did my best to CASE it. From the colors, to the use of the grass, flowers and birds. It's not my favorite, but it was fun and got me stamping again!

Thanks for the fun Lisa!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Cheesecloth background, Picture This
Colors: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, hole punches, Boho Blossoms punch, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Two-Step Bird Punch, white embossing powder, tiny flower punch is a very very old non-SU punch

3 comments:

  1. Very Spring!! Love how you've used white on a bright background and added hints of other spring colors.. very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this. I just love that bird punch. Your "self imposed" challenge sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Kristin, I love this-the colors are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)