Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dog-gone good friend!

Guess what, it's time for another Diva challenge. And let me tell ya, it's a toughy! I am the first one to admit I'm not a fan of bold bright colors... well, I should say I'm not a fan of them together! I love a splash of bold even a tidal wave of bold with some neutrals or other less bold tones. So this really challenged me and I feel like I almost cheated adding in my favorite Crumb Cake (kraft) neutral and totally skimping on two of the colors. But I'm in charge around here and I say I didn't cheat- so there. LOL!

With all that said, I am pretty dog-gone happy with this card! I initially intended to add my old Paw Tracks wheel to the mix with this super cute new doggie stamp from the new Level 1 Hostess set Long Fellows, then it dawned on me that I haven't used my Pawsitively Sizzlit that die cuts and embosses this paw print at the same time. How cool is that?! If you're not familiar with this Sizzlit it is part of the Build-a-Bear line of SU products. If you're not familiar with them that's my fault- I don't "do" Build-a-Bear stuff. Just not my thing and fortunately we don't live close enough that my kids have ever asked to go build a bear or any other animal for that matter. But I digress.

So I first stamped the image in Basic Brown so I could watercolor him without worrying about smudging. Then squished some Crumb Cake ink into the lid and watercolored the little guy with my aquapainter. I sponged some Crumb Cake ink around the edges of my paw prints as well. The one in the metal edge frame was punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch so it would fit. I was somewhat going for a dog tag look there, in case you didn't put that together.

Anyway, I hope you'll rise to the challenge and play along with the Divas yet again this week! At the very least go visit the blog and see more fun samples with this crazy color combo.

Thanks for stopping by and bearing with my wise cracks.
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Long Fellows
Colors: Real Red, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Basic Brown
Accessories: Big Shot, Pawsitively Sizzlit, Circle punch, Heart to Heart punch, aqua painter, Metal Edge tag, Tempting Turquoise brads

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your blog. It's great.

    Now I'm your follower, the number 100! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin what a great take on these colors and LOVE your design..those paw prints are CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card--even if you did "cheat" with the crumb cake!!! LOL!! I really like how the panel goes off the card--very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw this card on the challenge site I thought "Kristin would like this card" and then I saw it was made by you.
    Very cute. Great job. Love the paw prints sizzlits to go with this. I like how you framed one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! soo stinkin' creative! great use of that embosslit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)