Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Newsprint Birthday

Good Wednesday morning! I hope it's sunny for you right now- it is bright and beautiful here this morning. You ready for a new Diva challenge?? I've got a sketch for you which I made into an aniversary card for my hubby. Yesterday we celebrated 14 years with shopping and dinner, with kids at grandpa's house! It was a nice evening!

So for this sketch I was itching to use some of my new goodies that came in my preorder from the new SU Catalog available July 1st. The designer series paper here is called Newsprint- I am just positive it will be wildly popular. It has several great newsprints, as well as a page of numbers, vintage looking ledger papers, sheet music etc.

Are you wondering what this luscious red color is?? That is the new Cherry Cobler which I think might be my favorite new color!! I also used my new Crumb Cake (Kraft) ink- woohoo, I'm so excited to finally have ink in that awesome neutral! And the bitty button from the Summer Mini catalog. Guess what- the tiniest heart in the Heart to Heart punch (the one with 3 hearts) fits the heart button perfectly!

Finally, in case you can't see it, the Crumb Cake strip of cardstock has been textured with the "Distressed" texture plate by SU. Unfortunately I can't find my silicone rubber piece that is needed to the texture isn't as deep as I'd hoped.

Oh yes, almost forgot to mention... the stamped print on my main oval panel is from the old background stamp called By Definition. Told 'ya I don't get rid of stuff! ;)

Have a great day! Be sure to check out the other Diva cards with this sketch then join us!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Inspired By Nature, By Definition, Well Scripted
Colors: Cherry Cobler, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Big Shot, Texture Plates, Curly Label punch, Heart to Heart punch, Bitty button

2 comments:

  1. Kristin I LOVE this su set and you an AWESOME job with it!!!! Great colors and fun dp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors and embossing on this card are so pretty! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)