Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Christmas Deer

 So have you seen this Christmas Deer stamp set in the Stampin' Up! Catalog?  It is on page 19.  If you like it, I highly recommend the "wood mount" version for $4 more because of the teeny tiny nature of the ornaments.  I would NOT want to lose one. 

This is my "rustic" version using the deer, complete with the Woodgrain background and the beautiful new Brushed Bronze button from the Holiday Catalog.  This must be a Utah deer because the deer I've seen in Ohio don't have bodies quite this big usually. 
Here is my first attempt to recreate yesterday's card using the deer instead.  I stamped him with Versamark ink then melted the Heat and Stick powder and immediately doused with Dazzling Diamonds glitter for some serious sparkle.  In person, the detail of the antlers does show up much better.  Hard to photo.  This isn't the version we'll be making on Saturday at my annual Holiday Stamp-a-Stack either....
 
But this might be the final version!  This time he is embossed in Pewter then sponged with some Midnight Muse ink.  The ribbon is the new Satin Stitched in Midnight Muse. 

So what do you think?  Do you like this as well as yesterday's card?  I ended up using Marina Mist instead of Baja Breeze.  I didn't have enough of the Baja cardstock and no time to order more... plus, Marina Mist is just my favorite blue anyway!  If you have suggestions on how to improve this feel free to speak up.  I'm unsure of the sentiment placement since this stamp isn't as symmetrical as the tree from yesterday.  And I do miss the paper piercing, even though I don't think the deer would fit anyway.  Hmmmm.

Thank you for stopping by, and for your comments!  They do make a girl feel loved!  Have a great day.
~Kristin

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps:  Christmas Deer, Snow Swirled (sentiment)
Colors:  Marina Mist, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Accessories:  Pewter embossing powder, scallop border punch, sponge, Modern Label punch, Satin Stitched Midnight Muse ribbon

1 comment:

  1. I love the Christmas Deer...can't decide which version I like best...they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)