Monday, October 1, 2012

Editing Magic!

 Good morning fellow stampers!  I'm back with another Christmas card I promised a few days ago.  I was so happy with this one when it was all done, but got busy and left it sit around on my desk waiting to be photo'd... when tragedy struck. 

OK, I'm being dramatic, it's just a card... but it felt like the end of the world for a few minutes when this card, which was my favorite of the last dozen or so, fell over onto an open red inkpad.  Have you ever had this happen??  It's NOT a good feeling.
Here's the original picture.  Isn't that sickening?  But thanks to some wonderful editing tricks I managed to get it close to it's original state, at least in the photo.  Now in person it is still ruined!  And the red inkpad didn't discriminate, it ruined the main image, the ribbon and all the layers of scallops too just to be sure I couldn't reuse any piece of it.  Except the little sentiment down there. 

This was a design I had experimented with for the Stamp-a-Stack this Saturday (still time to register if you live in the area- Kenton, Ohio).  While I love this one, it is not one of the finals because I bought the new Christmas Deer stamp and really wanted to use it.  So the design will be the same, but the stamp and the ribbon (this one is retired) will change.  Plus, the paper piercing is left off- much too time consuming to have 20+ women trying to do it with only one template. 

Anyway, thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back with more SAS designs in the next few days hopefully. 
~Kristin

Oops, forgot the supply list, sorry! 

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps:  Snow Swirled
Colors:  Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse Whisper White
Accessories:  Clear Embossing powder, Paper Piercing Essentials pack, Modern Label punch, Baja Breeze Seem binding ribbon, scallop border punch, sponge

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the card! and I know the tragedy of a killer ink pad! OUCH!!! glad you were able to get an "edited" photo of it. I am very impressed!!
    The scallops on the right side are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)