Tuesday, November 4, 2008

3x3 Gift Box with Notecards

I spotted a tutorial on Splitcoast yesterday by Lauraly to make this cute little 3x3 gift box and thought I'd try it out. I'm still looking for cute ideas that I think might sell at my last craft fair this weekend. For this one I used the Bella Rose Designer Series papers.

For the top of the box I used the scallop edge punch on a square, which obviously didn't work out real well on the corners. I'm not sure how to get that just right... The felt flowers in the center are from Flower Fusion Too. The punched circle behind them is the new large circle punch, 1 3/4". I also added a vintage brad to the center and some Riding Hood Red ribbon around the box lid.
So far I've made 5 notecards to fit inside, but it appears I could easily fit 5 more at least! I may just do that, make more to fill it up then add envelopes. At this point I'm not sure how much to sell this for- it is not hard, but is a bit time consuming. But I LOVE how it turned out!

Stay tuned because the rest of the week will be scheduled posts with a few ornaments, some place cards for Thanksgiving and Christmas, as well as possibly my domino necklaces (Finally!) and maybe even some bookmarks. We'll see!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin~

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea! I love the box and the matching cards. the colors are so ME-I'd buy them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)