Monday, November 3, 2008

Good morning! Anyone else love the fall time change?!? What a great way to start the day- feeling well rested!

Anyway, I did this card for the Inspiration Challenge (IC152) on Splitcoast Saturday. I choose to be inspired by one small panel on one of the inspiration pieces so it is quite a bit different than the subtle earthy hues that many others did.

I really wanted my Real Red flowers to be much more bold and bright and pop even more, but my Real Red Craft spot is in desperate need of a reinking! (It's on my next order.) I used the Striped Wipe technique again with reinkers in basic balck, brilliant blue and Cool Carribean. Funny thing is, when I was all done I matted it on Ballet Blue because that looked best.

The flowers, as well as the sentiment piece, are embossed with clear powder over basic black and real red craft ink. Then the grass was stamped again in black after the Striped Wiping was complete. The scalloped True Blue Friend piece is punched out and raised on a dimensional.

Well, this isn't my best work but I wanted something to share with you today. I have my last Craft Fair this weekend so I'll stay busy with that stuff this week mostly.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the beautiful weather this week!
~Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Kristin ~

    I left you something on my blog. Yours is so inspiration -- a little appreciation was in order :)

    www.seastarcreations.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)