Friday, December 12, 2008

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!


That's the theme for today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS (SC198)! I love the idea of recyling, even if I'm not great at it. In fact, at 6 my DD even begged me to start her own recycling business (I may have mentioned this in the past). We made up business cards and passed a few out, but never got started. She mentions it periodically and I am racked with guilt that I haven't helped her get it going. I promised recently that we will try it in January. I want to support her young efforts at taking care of our earth!

Anyway, I was ready to stamp again today and need a few birthday cards for my sister and niece. The recycled part of this card is the shiny mirrored flowers- they fell off a headband of my daughter's that I was throwing away. Before I added them, this card was a bit lacking for me, but I think they added the perfect finishing touch. The main image was in my reject pile from a few weeks ago and I keep looking at it thinking I should use it... so today it was saved. The sentiment is from On Your Birthday set which is fairly new to me. Hope you enjoy, and thanks for stopping by. Hope you are all healthy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you saved it, Kristen. It's very pretty. And now I have that Jack Johnson song from the Curious George soundtrack stuck it my head...LOL!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful creation, kristin!!!!! great colors and image!!!tfs:)
    chat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah WOW!!! this is just gorgous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)