Wednesday, December 31, 2008

OK OK, here it is...


My very first uploaded picture with my NEW Cannon Rebel DS!! Obviously I'm still learning, but there appears to be a lot I can do with the included software. Can't wait to play some more! So here goes... What do you think? Can you even tell a difference??
As I mentioned earlier today, my son's birthday is today. So, here's the card I made for him. He is an avid outdoorsman who loves hunting, fishing, trapping etc. I pulled out some old In Colors to try to get a variation on camoflauge! Here I used River Rock, True Thyme and the current Kiwi Kiss, as well as some natural ivory. I had fun combining the Wildlife Reserve set with several background stamps: Sanded, Canvas and Weathered.
The sentiment is intended to imitate a target, which he is fond of. The inside says May you have the Happiest Birthday yet! To make the target I used a stamp from an old retired set Riveting, and the number is from the retired Newsprint alpha (or similar, not sure).
Other items I've used are retired Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware, linen thread, distressing tool, 1 3/8" circle punch, spiral punch, sponge and chocolate chip craft ink with clear embossing powder for the deer.
I also used an oval of scrap paper as a mask over the deer so the canvas stamp left a void to highlight the deer, if that makes sense.
Even though it is not specific to the New Year, I am using this for my DCBD 108 since it is celebrating TODAY! Hope that's OK. I'm sure I won't be stamping much more today.
Happy New Year to you all and Happy Birthday to my sweet boy!
(PS- looks like my spacing is wonky again. Sorry 'bout that. I give!)
ETA: in all the commotion of the birthday party this card got thrown away meer hours after I made it. :( I was sad, and when I asked my son about it (he didn't throw it away, he knows better) he asked if I could please make him another one. I don't know about that...

7 comments:

  1. FAB-U-LOUS! Love this card - perfect for a hunter! Love all of your elements that you used too - background stamps, hardware.
    Welcome back and congrats on your new camera! Looks awesome!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great masculine card. I like how you stamped the background with the various animal images from the set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous and from what I know about Hunter, he LOVED it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)