Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Fun, Clean & Simple Challenge!

Front
Inside

So here's my contribution for yesterday's CAS challenge on splitcoast. We were to choose something from the Bags and Boots section of Anthropology.com! I chose this bag. The top picture is the front of the card which I did by brayering ink into the Manhattan Flower embossing folder before running kraft cardstock through the Big Shot. The small piece on the inside was a scrap I tried this technique on before deciding I liked it.

To mimic the look of the bag I chose the kraft and Bermuda Bay for the colors and decided to "stitch" around the flowers by paper piercing. I never thought to do this before but really like it.

Hope you like it, and maybe even decide to play along! Stay tuned tomorrow for another great Diva Coffee Break Designs challenge! Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: It's Your Birthday (retired), On Your Birthday
Colors: Kraft, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Accessories: Manhattan Flower embossing folder, 3/4" square punch, Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware (retired), Bermuda Bay grosgrain, Paper Piercing tools, Big Shot, Vintage Brads


4 comments:

  1. wow,Gorgeous card...
    I really love these colors...
    great work...
    --
    Michell
    Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Kristin this is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is super! Great take on the challenge.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)