Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hanging Lattice Ornament

Was working on something else today when I noticed the remains of the Lattice die once I'd cut it out. I also played around with cutting the lattice apart and putting it together in various ways when it dawned on me that two red pieces overlapped resemble a Christmas ornament or poinsetta. The center is a large green rhinestone brad, and it is hanging from silver elastic cord.

The ornament hangs freely in the cutout which shows the kraft cardstock layered inside the card. I struggled a bit wondering if this was going to turn out in a way that I liked but it did. Finished with some wide chocolate stitched ribbon, a strip of scalloped kraft cardstock and some dotting using the chocolate chip marker, then a very simple sentiment. TFL!

So glad you decided to stop by today! If you've done something with the Lattice Die I'd love to see it, please post a link so I can come visit you!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Real Red, Kraft, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Big Shot, Lattice Die, Ice Rhinestone Brad, wide chocolate chip stitched grosgrain, silver elastic cord, scallop edge punch, Word Window punch, Modern Labe punch

9 comments:

  1. Oh, this is brilliant. I love this so much.
    I had like the Lattice die when I first saw it, but thought that it was so limited. I am glad I ordered it, because I see great creations with it daily!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lattice ornament, Kristin! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is amazing. So creative and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really pretty. I have yet to make a christmas card, guess I should start thinking about it. great use of that die. here's what I did with the lattice die (I know you've seen it, but I thought some of your readers might like it).
    [URL=http://mylittlecreativeescape.blogspot.com/2009/08/birthday-somethings.html]lattice birthday[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooops, tried to hyperlink it, didn't work:
    here's the url: http://mylittlecreativeescape.blogspot.com/2009/08/birthday-somethings.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! This makes a very lovely and original Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too stinkin' cute!! What a fabulous idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is amazing. So creative and I love the colors....
    --
    Michell
    Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to CASE you....Thanks for sharing!! http://thestampinbunny.blogspot.com/2009/09/poinsettia-lattice-ornament.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)