Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Congrats Grad!

Good morning! Yes, I'm posting two days in a row- I know, hard to believe from me lately! Today we've got a new Diva challenge with some familiar colors for Memorial Day week- Brilliant Blue, Real Red and White plus I added in a kraft base for a neutral. This is my first use of this cute set called "Go, Graduate". The best part is every single piece is from my scrap pile! I've started collecting card bases when I cut for one card and exactly half the cardstock is left... now I keep the extras in a little lunch tin I decorated when that was all the rage. So now I can just dig through it to see what color I want to start with- works great!

I colored the little owl's cap and diploma with SU markers and watercolored his body with Close to Cocoa ink and the aqua painter. Punched two red stars out for behind him- haven't done that in a while. The sentiment in this set comes in one long line but I used my Stamp-a-Majig and marker to strategically place it just where I want it.


I hope you'll go visit the Diva blog to see the other Diva's samples then play along and link your card to our post. Thanks for visiting me today- I hope your weather will be as lovely as I'm expecting here in Ohio!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Go, Graduate
Colors: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Kraft, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Large star punch, circle punch, crimper, Brilliant Blue brads, spiral punch

4 comments:

  1. VERY nice---I love these colors and this sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE grad card and wonderful use of these colors Kristen...FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea! Love using up those scraps! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristin! Thought I would stop by today and say HI. Hi. Cute card. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)