Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Congratulations! {Diva Sketch}

Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Today I am bringing you a sketch challenge courtesy of Diva Coffee Break Designs! I was looking forward to this one, mostly because I hadn't stamped in a few days... but I gotta tell ya, I struck a few times before getting this one done! Fortunately I hadn't glued anything down so nothing had to be tossed, but it was UGLY! Anyway, I shifted gears and am pleased with how this one turned out.

You'd think with all the shimmery Smooch spray, shiny ribbon, embossed sentiment and rhinestones it would be a bit glitzy for my style, but I actually like all those elements together. In case you don't recognize it, the DSP on the bottom is from the Cottage Wall collection that is current still. The stamps I've used are the Medallion background (you have this right?!?) and Well Scripted. The Smooch spray I mentioned is new in the Summer Mini Catalog available NOW (I will get my link up in the sidebar soon- sorry for the delay!) and is fun to play with. I am so glad I got the Color Catcher to spray in so it doesn't fly all over the place. How helpful this thing would've been back when we did hairspray and Pearlex!

I have a Stampin' Tip for you today: If you want to emboss in a color (like Rich Razzleberry for this example) and you only have Classic ink you still can! Just ink up your stamp with Versamark FIRST then with the Classic ink THEN stamp. If you emboss with clear powder it will work just like always!


Anyway, I hope you'll play along with the Divas! We enjoy checking out all the different takes on our challenges and would love to consider you as our next Featured Artist!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Medallion background, Well Scripted
Colors: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spray, White Organza ribbon, Scallop Trim border punch, Square Ice Rhinestone Brads, White craft ink, Cottage Wall DSP

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful congrats card Kristin, LOVE these colors and fab take on this sketch girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristen, Thank you for the inspiration I'm passing the Sunshine Award to you.

    Lorraine w/ www.lorrainesstampincorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)