Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ice Cream Birthday

Pulled those room darkening curtains last night and managed to sleep in until nearly 9am this morning- you gotta love Saturdays! Now my hubby and kiddos are off fishing so I've got the morning to myself. Hopefully I can find some mojo for stampin'.

I made this card with this week's sketch challenge on SCS in mind. I love the colors (new Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Real Red and Almost Amethyst) and the simplicity, but feel like it is lacking that one perfect tiny detail, and I can't figure out what it is. Maybe I should've tried stamping the ice cream cone in colored craft ink instead of white??

Anyway, I added some red beads on there that I've had forever, crimped the Amethyst, added an ancient metal-edged tag, some real red dotted grosgrain that I always forget I have and scalloped the bottom edge. You'd think that would be enough for me. Ah well, I know I'll get out of this rut one of these days... Probably about the time it stops raining and I can actually enjoy being outside- then I'll have an insatiable stamping mojo!

Have a super Saturday and thanks for visiting me today!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Scoops, sentiment from Vintage Labels
Colors: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Almost Amethyst, Whisper White ink
Accessories: Metal-edge vellum tag, Real Red dotted grosgrain, scallop border punch, silver brad, tag corner punch, red bead duo, crimper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)