Monday, February 2, 2009

A first for me!


So I've read about these Mojo Monday challenges for some time and in the back of mind wondered just what I was missing out on. Well, I finally ran across the blog recently and saved it to my favorites right away. It appears to have started this year and offers a sketch challenge each week. If you know me at all you know sketch and color challenges are my weakness! They are just a great way to get that creativity or "mojo" flowing!

Anyway, here is this week's sketch followed by my little take on it. By the way, the first of each month is what they call a "contest month" so a prize is awarded for two of the judge's favorites! And anyone is allowed to play along. Even if you don't have a blog or don't upload, try it anyway, let it get you stampin'. Then be sure to let me know.



It's funny because the other day when I felt like stampin' I started by thinking of a set I hadn't shown much attention lately and had pulled out this Boho Backgrounds set. Then I didn't end up stamping that day so it was just the thing for this sketch. The medallion thingy is stamped three times then punched out with the 1", 1 1/4" & scallop circle punches and layered. The words were stamped then punched out with the Word Window punch. Everything else is probably pretty obvious. I'll list the supplies in case you have a question.



Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Boho Backgrounds
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Gray, Pixie Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Gray, Pixie Pink
Accessories: 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, scallop circle punch, Word Window punch, scallop edge punch, Basic Gray Taffeta ribbon



Thanks for stoppin' by!


~Kristin

8 comments:

  1. Very nice colors and layout. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. I love the hit if Pixi Pink in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Wonderful color choices! Lovin it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I love the stamps you chose and the fabulous color combo! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovey the color combo! :) Oh, and the use of this set! I haven't given it enough love lately, either!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep! great sketches! love your colors and how you put it all together (don't I always;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unique color combo! It works well for the card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I just love how you added the sentiment with the word window punch. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)