Monday, February 9, 2009

A Triple Whammy!

I've got a triple whammy challenge card for ya! Don't groan... I know, sometimes I get annoyed when people try to cram all kinds of challenges into one card too! But seriously, I am so glad I did this time. I needed the challenges to get stamping today and it just worked out- so there! LOL.

Anyway, as you may know, we've been trying to liven up the GSG blog lately with new challenges (well, I have anyway). Today I posted a Limited Supplies Challenge today to make a monochromatic card within a set of guidelines. Go check it out to play along! (GSGC14)

I also decided today's Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS wasn't too hard so I added that element as well. The only requirement- cut something out. Be it out of patterned paper, an embossing folder or just a stamped image. (TLC207)

Finally, today's Mojo Monday sketch! (Mojo73) This is my second week in a row refering to the Mojo Monday blog to find a fun new sketch and I'm really enjoying them! I love the unique layout and detail they provide!

Anyway, you are always welcome to play along with any of these challenges that I link to my posts! And I'd love to hear from you that you have played along, or intend to. Post a link in a comment and I'll be sure to visit and show you some love!

So for my card I used blues, with chocolate as my one allowed neutral. I think I followed the Mojo sketch pretty well, and my butterfly is hand-cut after I embossed it, so it should qualify for the TLC. Here is my list of supplies I've used. If you have any questions feel free to pipe up!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

PS- I'm feeling much better now! Thanks for all the well wishes!
Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Wonderful Wings (from 2001!), Cute & Curly (current)
Paper: Urban Garden DSP, Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky (retired In Color), Baja Breeze (current In Color)
Ink: Chocolate chip craft, Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Distressing tool, Button Bouquet Button, Double Stitched Wide Chocolate Grosgrain, Clear Embossing Powder, Curly Label punch, Chateau Bella Rub Ons (retired I think), embroidery floss.

10 comments:

  1. WOW! this is stunning! you are twisting my arm, I need to do the GSG challenge since I bailed on the last one. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Kristen!!! I love it and you rocked all three challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is gorgeous!! I'd say your Triple Whammy is a Home Run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! Love the colors/patterns you've chosen.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card! You are right, sometimes doing a lot of challenges with one card can overwhelm it; but you did a fantastic job with this one. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. I think I still have this set ... somewhere. I should dig it out again.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT is just so incredibly gorgeous! I LOVE Wonderful Wings anyway and have seen so many gorgeous cards with that set . . . but this is definitely one of the very best!! Thanks for sharing!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)