Thursday, August 28, 2008

CD holder picture frame!



I couldn't stand it. I saw this idea on Lisa's blog (yes, Lisa again!) and had to try it out! I love the idea of using an empty CD case for a picture frame! They are cheap so I can alter as much as I want (ie. rub-ons etc.) and they protect the picture inside, plus they actually stand up on their own and the little tabs hold the paper in place so you can change it out whenever you like! How cool is that??


Do any of you hoard rub-ons?? Well, I use them but sparingly because I'm so afraid I'll run out (as if there aren't new ones coming out all the time!). Anyway, these are left over from the Happiness rub-ons which were a freebie during Sale-a-Bration in Feb! Man do I love how they look on the front of this CD case!


I'm thinking these would be a neat craft idea from my DD's birthday party in October! I don't know... do you think I can stand watching 6 & 7 year olds playing with my rub-ons?!? Ooh, and I'll have to actually share my DSP... OK, so maybe not! LOL! Anyway, hope you like it. The paper is all from the new pack called Parisian Summer. I will do one for my son as well as soon as I figure out which of my rub-ons is the least girly. Girly isn't good for an 8 year old boy you know.


This next project was inspired by THIS beautiful idea! The base is just a chipboard coaster (from Max & Erma's if you must know) covered with the new Urban Garden DSP. Then the post-it note pad is just held on by the office clip which I disguised a bit with the scallop of DSP and topped off with the beautiful button from Button Bouquet. Of course the pen is clipped on as well.
I'm starting to get lots of ideas swirling around for chipboard coasters and am seriously considering an entire class devoted to these babies!
Thanks for stopping by, as always!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects, Kristin! Yep, that Lisa, she's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT projects! Love the CD frame...so cute! (I've even got some of those rub-ons hoarded...I mean saved!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool projects. I updated my post on Stamping Critique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute frame. yes, i also hoard rubons, why? i don't know but i hoarded them so much they just retired, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)