Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Say it with Scallops!




These citrusy colors just happened to be laying together on my desk the other day when I saw them and thought- hey, I like! So here are two cards with the same color combo: Marigold Morning (an 06-07 In Color), Tango Tangerine and Kiwi Kiss. I would call them both clean and simple and of course they are SUO (Stampin' Up! Only) as usual for me. Between the two of them I've used 8, count them, EIGHT punches! 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, scallop, border scallop, Spring Bouquet, small & large stars & ticket corner. The Old Olive twill is not currently available, but keep your fingers crossed with me. Thanks for stopping by, and let me know if you try out a similar color combo, I'd love to see it!

PS- Oh, I almost forgot, this stamp set is intended to be used with the square scallop punch which will be arriving on Wednesday. But in the mean time Lisa Henke inspired me to punch them out with the circle punches, and they look great that way. For more great ideas check out her blog (at the left!)

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Say it with Scallops, Sporting
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Bella Rose, Kiwi Kiss, Marigold Morning, Glossy White
Ink: Tango Tangerine, versamark
Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch, small star, large star, ticket corner, Crafter's Tool Kit, dimensionals

Stamps: Say it with Scallops, Polka Dot background
Paper: Marigold Morning, Tango Tangerine, Glossy White, Bella Rose
Ink: Marigold Morning, Tango Tangerine
Accessories: old olive twill, circle punches, scallop punch, Spring Bouquet punch, Green bead duo, white gel pen, scallop border punch

2 comments:

  1. Kristin, you are making me blush by mentioning my name so often. thanks for the love! These are fantastic!-that color combo is awesome (and just when I was going to get rid of what I have left of the 2006 In Colors). I love them both, but the second card is my fave. Just love those stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are way beyond cute!! So simple and striking! Love the color combo, how clever of you! I always thought if I touched an old In-Color, lightning would come down and strike me! lol! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)