Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grateful for you

OK, how's this for a fallish card?? I've used a sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #38 as well as a challenge to make something focusing on being grateful for something. Now I can't find the challenge anywhere. Figures!

Anyway, the vase for the flowers was made with the large oval punch and then placing it in the Ornament punch to notch the top. I then ran it through the Big Shot with a texturz plate and sponged some ink on to accentuate the texture. I stamped the stems from Autumn Days then decided I needed some real stems so I walked around my house until I found some dried flowers and just snapped off a few pieces. They are glued in and add a neat dimension in person!

Stamped and cut out a few flowers, tied them on a corduroy button with some linen thread and called it done.
TFL! Hope you like it, and if you know which challenge I was trying to complete let me know. There are just too many out there to keep track of! Here's a closeup of the dimensional dried flowers in the vase.

See ya again soon!

~Kristin


SUO Supplies
Stamps: Small Script (an oldie that I JUST mounted today), Autumn Days
Colors: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, More Mustard
Accessories: Big Shot, Texturz Plate, sponge, corner rounder, large oval punch, Ornamanet punch, corduroy button, linen thread


5 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is just exquisite!! I love all the detail you added to the vase - it really paid off, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! great fallish card. the real flowers are just the perfect touch. great idea for the vase. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card so creative with the vase and flowers great job
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)