Friday, April 18, 2008

A Beautiful Sunny Day!



Sorry about the last few days of being MIA! I had every intention of uploading something, but I have kept very busy doing other blog related stuff and hadn't really been stamping. I even got a new stamp set on Wednesday that I haven't mounted yet... NO, that's NOT NORMAL for me! Maybe I'll get around to using it today... but it's supposed to be in the mid 70's... decisions decisions.


So the card I did make yesterday is long-overdo for a friend that had triplets about a month ago... I wanted it to be just perfect, full of thoughtful and meaningful details..


Well, I didn't quite get there, but this is what did finally surface: So my story is this, I wanted to symbolize having three babies but also acknowledge that they are individuals (if that makes sense)... so I went in search of a variety of baby stamps and happened to find three (in all different sets) that are all round in nature! Now we're talkin'! I kept the colors all the same but in different order of layers. This card was inspired by Sunday's Featured Stamper, Kharmagirl (her card here). I love her work. Check out her gallery and this challenge here.


Thanks for checking in... for anyone who might have been checking my gallery for more samples of the Build-a-Flower class cards I have posted a few more pictures now. You can go check them out!

Supplies are all SU!

Stamps: Cause for Celebration (current hostess), Riveting (retired hostess), So Many Scallops ('08 Saleabration set)
Paper: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Very vanilla, Close to Cocoa prints
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Vanilla EP, circle punches, scallop punch, Style Silver hodgepodge ribbon slide and brads, chocolate twill ribbon, Crafter's Tool Kit

5 comments:

  1. I knew right away before reading further into your post what the three circles were representing! this is fabulous! great colors too (You'll laugh to yourself sometime next week when I have a little surprise.) That's all I'm gonna say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever card for the occasion, Kristin! I love the three "individual" flowers! And Lisa has me wondering what her surprise next week is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of your circle stamps! And the "special meaning" makes it even better! Love how you did the stem with the ribbon slide, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristin, just wanted to come by and let you know how excited I am about joining the Great Swaps Girls group and looking forward to getting to know you.

    In regards to your card, I think it's lovely - the layout reminds me of a bouquet of flowers and the paper piercing as stems is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous! Love the piercing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)