Saturday, April 5, 2008

More shadows...



Shadow box cards that is. I just love these! I've been experimenting lately for a swap that is due on Wednesday. I love the last one I did but didn't want to use it since my swap gals have likely seen it already.

Anyway, I really like this one too, but it is far too time consuming to do 12 of by Monday so it's been rejected. These are tough to get good pictures of so bear with me. The flowers and leaves on the inside and outside are mostly all raised on dimensionals (pop dots) for added dimension.

The kraft front panel was wheeled in Sahara sand ink with the Rough Texture jumbo wheel (I wish there was a kraft colored ink!). The eggplant grosgrain is unfortunately a retired color from a few years ago, but one of my favorites and I only have a tiny bit left. I hope you like it.

Next week I'll post the two cards that I did send for my swap... by the way, the colors may appear a bit more yellow in this pic. I had to take it at night so no natural daylight to help out. I've adjusted it tremendously from the original, but this is the extent of my software capabilities.

All Supplies are SU!
Stamps: Blossoms Abound, Warm Words
Paper: Kraft, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: Pale Plum, Almost Amethyst, sahara sand, Whisper white, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Rough texture jumbo wheel, crop-o-dile, dimensionals, small oval punch, designer label punch, eggplant grosgrain, crafter's tool kit

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Kristin! I love the piercing around the outside of the oval, perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, I love the colors and all of the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! So many pretty details and love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! Love those leaves hanging over the edge! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this shadow box card! The colors are perfect and I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved this set and haven't bought it....now I say yet...lol! I love the colour combo and the detailed cutting! I'm definately going to try this shadow box technique! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)