Thursday, April 10, 2008

No Peeking Great Swap Girls...





Well, our swaps were due yesterday so I feel like I can post these now (plus I've already seen some of the other swaps posted on blogs so it must be OK). Unfortunately, I may have to end up re-doing this one... You see, the sparkly brad I used to dot the i in happiness is actually a plain old brad that I inked with versamark, then dipped in heat'n'stick powder, heated until sticky then dipped in the Fine Cosmo glitter. I did this process a few times until it was fully covered. However, I was concerned this would rub off in the mail so I layered tissues between each card totally not thinking that they might stick to the sticky 'H'!! DUH! Well, our wonderful hostess Becky Carafa emailed to let me know she was able to pick off most of the offending kleenex... "Most" is the word troubling me. I was so excited about how these turned out too! That rose colored fine glitter just looks so neat IRL, I hope they aren't disgusting now!



Anyway, here is the second card I did for a Fancy Folds swap. It's probably no surprise that it is a shadow box card since I've posted a few lately. The only things I did on this one that weren't on the swaps were the silver brads and the piercing on the label at the bottom. The whole process was so time consuming and I was so short on time that I cut both of those steps. (Sorry Great Swaps pals!) I think they turned out nice and I'm glad they are done. I can't tell you how tired my forearm was after using the Crop-o-Dile for all those embossed dots on each edge of 12 cards! Well, thanks for stopping by and checking out my stuff!


Supplies for both cards are all by Stampin' Up
H is for Happiness Card
Stamps: Define Your life, Warm Words
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, River Rock Textured, Basic Black, River Rock Prints
Accessories: Sticky Cut Letters, Fine Cosmo Glitter, Black Gingham and Pomegranate double stitched ribbons, brad, Heat 'n Stick powder, Versamark, Horizontal Slot punch, Dimensionals

Butterfly Shadow Box Card
Stamps: Pretty Petals Background, Cause for Celebration (hostess set), Warm Words
Cardstock: Kraft, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Crop-o-Dile, Designer Label punch, small oval punch, silver brads, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, white ink and sponge, Crafter's Tool Kit for piercing

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Kristin! I love that color combination, and those embossed dots on the edges are just the perfect touch (sorry about your forearm, but it was worth it)! Can't wait to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I definately think I need to try a shadowbox card now!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I'm peeking! and I love it. I so wish I had joined the fancy folds swap. The cards I'm seeing are just beautiful! I love the glitter card. the colors are FAB! can't wait to see it IRL, tissue and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awsome! Love everything about them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)