Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Recycled Flowers


My swaps finally got finished and mailed out yesterday- whew! What a job- 12 shadow box cards was a big committment for me... well, maybe it was the many various steps I added that complicated things. I will post them in a few days.

For today... have you ever made something for a card, say a decorative element, then it just didn't work so you set it aside. After doing this numerous times you may end up like me, with an entire jar full of discarded/rejected elements. Well, this card I made for yesterday's Technique challenge started with these three flowers I had made out of glossy paper "smooshed" with reinkers then never used. Here is a link to the original card I did with this technique. So Monday's TLC was not to use a rejected card element, but to stack ribbons. Sounds easy and fun, right?? It was! I can't wait to try this again. My ribbons aren't exactly layered the way I had intended at the on-set but this is what evolved and I really like how it turned out.

The bottom half of this card was stamped first with Canvas in cameo coral (stamped off first) then with Pretty Petals background in Coral (not stamped off). Then the ribbon layers were added and the flowers after that. The center flower is raised on a pop dot for dimension. The 4 corners of hte kraft cardstock are punched with the ticket corner punch, then the entire piece is sponged with white to help with contrast. I really had fun using the Designer Label punch this way, folding it in half and only stamping on one side, then attching with three Vintage Brads.

If you have not already been convinced from past posts that kraft cardstock is the best neutral ever, then maybe this will do it! Not that it takes the place of white or vanilla, but it looks good with almost every color out there (except maybe sahara sand, river rock and creamy caramel- all great by their own rights!). Well, thanks for stopping by again- and I'd love to have you sign my new guestbook up at the top left corner! Have a beautiful day!


All SU Supplies
Stamps: Embrace Life, Pretty Petals background, Fancy Flexible Phrases, Canvas
Paper: Groovy Guava, Kraft, Glossy White, Blush Blossom
Ink: Apricot appeal, close to cocoa
Accessories: Vintage brads, aqua painters, water color crayons, Flirty Ribbon Originals, Kraft Tafetta, Designer Label punch, ticket corner punch





5 comments:

  1. Super card, Kristin! I love how you used the Designer Label punch - wonderful idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. I love the use of the 2 backgrounds together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's such a pretty card.

    Arlene,
    Gig Harbor florist

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful, Kristin. and yes, I agree, Kraft is amazing. I find myself using it more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real beauty!! Love the Kraft. I'm drawn to it when I see what someone else has done, but I'm not quick to reach for it, for some strange reason. You're inspiring me - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)