Thursday, April 3, 2008

CASING Pickletree!




So a few weeks ago the Featured Stamper for Sunday's challenge was Amy Sheffer (Pickletree). I love Amy's work and chose this card to inspire me. I used her general layout and color scheme. I also added some hodgepodge and felt flowers like Amy did on hers, and the three rows of ribbons. I started out loving this, but I'm afraid something at the bottom doesn't work for me. Maybe the Felt Flowers are a bit over the top?!?

Anyway, I was just thinking last week that I'm not sure if I've EVER used Not Quite Navy, and it really is a nice color... so Amy talked me into it! I used Rose Red craft ink on my chipboard flower and it was too dark for the pomegranate felt flowers so I couldn't use those. The ribbon was a tough decision, but once I decided on Bashful Blue, I found three styles in that shade and went with them all! The Build-a-Brad in the center of the chipboard is using Little Pieces stamp set. The background stamp is the retired By Definition which is basically the same as a current stamp except a different definition...

sorry I didn't post this earlier- it must have slipped through the cracks... besides, the card I made yesterday I would love to post but am with-holding it for a few reasons: 1- it is for a swap that is due next week and don't want to ruin and anticipation and 2- I am highly considering sending it to SU for a contest cause I like it so much. So, nah nah nah nah nah. Just kidding, I'll post it once my Great Swap pals have it (if I can wait that long).

All Supplies are Stampin' Up
Stamps: Little Pieces, By Definition BG, All Holidays
Paper: Old olive, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Rose Red Craft
Accessories: Pewter Build-a-Brad, Pewter Hodgepodge, Felt Fusion Flowers, Chipboard, 1/2" circle punch, 1" square punch, Bashful Blue: gingham, striped and grosgrain ribbons, distressing tool

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW - this is awesome. I love the way you did the hardware at the bottom, and the three different styles of ribbon is just genius!(Thanks for the CASE, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)