Friday, April 11, 2008

Is it Friday again?! Yippee!



I'm not sure why I look forward to Friday's- they just indicate the end of a peaceful week with children in school and bring on a loud and chaotic weekend full of... noise and uh, chaos. LOL! Can you tell I've had a headache this week? That noise and chaos stuff really gets to me on headache days... I tell ya, as much as I look forward to spring and warm weather you'd think I'd dread the allergies that come with it! Gotta love Loratadine!


OK, enough chit chat, on to something worth viewing... well, at least I hope it's worth viewing. The other day I was checking out all the blogs of my on-line Great Swap pals and ran across Kristina Werner's Inspiration Challenge #4. The inspiration piece was just so stunning to me and peaceful and just "Ahhh" that I had to participate even if I was late for her deadline for something... so check out the picture and after you ooh and ahh like I did, come back to look at this card that it inspired in me. It took like a ton of thinking because I wanted just the perfect feeling to come out... I got close, maybe not exactly what I was going for, but I like it just the same. I got the texture in there and the tropical feel with the colors and leaves, but also the fun and sophisticated aspects as well I think. So enough blah blah blah, on to the recipe:

Supplies are all Stampin' Up! (except the one prima flower)
Stamps: Stem Silhouettes (retired)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, naturals Ivory
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate chip, Very Vanilla
Accessories: 1 1/4" circle punch, square rhinestone brad, prima flower, Rough Texture Jumbo Wheel, Distressing tool

5 comments:

  1. What a fun layout, Kristin! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, Kristin!
    It does have a very tropical-zen feeling to it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card! Love colors and that flower a adds the soft touch! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristin! Love this card!
    KWerners Challenge is a good one!
    Love th ecicles, and I think you got the Tropical and sophisticated look very well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)