Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bundle of Baby Boy!

 Some friends of ours had a baby boy recently and I've been meaning to make a special card to send them.  Monday's Clean and Simple challenge on SCS seemed the perfect sketch to use for a baby card.  I wanted a sweet image but I don't have any stamp sets that are specific to babies- I guess they just don't appeal to me.  Besides it's always a challenge to make a themed card out of non-specific stamps!  Anyway, my color combo is one I just came up with playing around with my new Color Coach:  Marina Mist, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip. 

My Marina Mist strip has been embossed with the Dotted embossing folder (and Big Shot of course) and enhanced with a strip of Pinking Hearts border in So Saffron.  I love that the recipient may or may not notice the extra relevant details like the tiny hearts in this border! 

Just the other day, out of necessity due to having WAY more accessories than my Stack & Store Caddy (p. 193) can store, I decided to combine all my retired (but still way loved) designer buttons into one jar and all my gorgeous corduroy buttons into another jar.  I'll have to take pictures because they look so cute.  Anyway, that made me really want to dig out some buttons for this card.  I'll tell you a funny story at the end about what I found while combining buttons! 
Anyway, here's a quick picture of the inside.  I stamped the tree again- in Versamark for a subtle look- which I think symbolizes family and new life.  Then punched the sentiment out with my BRAND new Decorative Label punch from the Holiday Mini which will be out Septemeber 1st!  And added some of SU's awesome new jewel basic pearls to it. 

So onto my funny story- actually it's kind of amazing I think!  While sorting through my buttons and trying to decide what to do I picked up a very old bag of non-SU brads that look like paw prints.  They were in a tiny ziplock baggie and I hadn't used them in over a year probably.  While trying to decide if I wanted to combine any non-SU stuff (I didn't!) with my SU stuff I happened to notice a sparkle out of the corner of my eye.  So I dumped the bag of brads and found............... a DIAMOND EARING!  My sister lost it several YEARS ago at my house while scrapbooking one weekend!  I took a picture and emailed it to her and sure enough it is a match!  Can you believe it??  How often does something that tiny show up and in such a random place!  If it weren't for all the scrumptious new accessories I'd just gotten from the new Mini catalog I wouldn't have needed to reorganize and might have never found it. 

Well gotta run, I'm late for a hair appointment.  I'll stop back to post a supplies list for this card later today.  Thanks for stopping in!
~Kristin

2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!!! I just love this sweet deer set!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card. love the colors and the images for a baby card. AND what a great story. too funny and I'm sure your sister is excited to have her earring back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)