Thursday, August 26, 2010

Quirky, Cutesy & Clean



Thought I'd try a new challenge today... this one is called Embellish Magazine and the challenge is a combination color challenge with the requirement that it be quirky, cutesy and clean.  QUIRKY.  Don't ya just love that word?!

Well, here's what that means to me.  I think the colors are quirky all on their own- I rarely enjoy putting shades or orange with any shade of light blue.  Usually I just think YUCK... but this one really grew on me.  This stamp set, Love Bandit, is definitely what I'd call cutesy and quirky. 

This card isn't as clean as they come (as far as simple goes) but it's lacking layers and many embellishments but has some quick cute details. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend if I don't see ya (have family coming to town tonight so I may not be back until Sunday or Monday). 

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Love Bandit, Well Scripted
Colors: Peach Parfait, Crumb Cake, Soft Sky (yes an oldie!)
Accessories: New large circle punch (Holiday Mini Catalog), Scallop Circle die #2, Big Shot, Dotted embossing folder, scallop border, kraft taffeta ribbon

3 comments:

  1. This is sweeet!!!! What a fun fun layout and great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! This is one of my favorite sets! It even came with me in my suitcase to Denmark! Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish! Hugs from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too stinkin' cute!

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)