Monday, August 23, 2010

Pickin' Punkins

 You haven't seen a scrapbook layout out of me in quite some time.  Must be the cooler mornings, or kids being off to school, but I'm itching to scrapbook lately.  I love how this turned out.  For the left side here I used Valerie's Got Sketch 101.  If you aren't familiar with Valerie Salmon you have got to check out that link.  I subscribe to her via email and save every single sketch in a special folder in my email.  Then, when I am scrapping I flip through them and often find just what inspired me! 
 Did you notice my Greenhouse Gala DSP??  I just HAD to use it, the colors were so perfect for my pictures!  I borrowed a sketch for this side also, and boy was it harder than it looked.  I messed once or twice and was so stressed about wasting this beautiful paper, but don't worry, I didn't throw away my mess ups... I'll just save them for another day.  The sketch is from THIS amazing scrapbook page by Tanja at StampaMemory.com.  I've got this fantastic resource for using SU products on scrapbook pages in my list of blogs down there on the left, but I need to correct the link.  Use this one I just listed for now. 
Here is the spread as it looks together.  Everything I used on these pages is from Stampin' Up! with the exception of the pumpkin die, which I've had since the red Sizzix machine day and works wonderfully in my Big Shot, and the little swirl clip on the round picture at the right.  Not sure the brand of that but it was a gift from my friend Nicky!  The pumpkin ric rac ribbon and the green ribbon are both from retired Ribbon Originals that were on the Clearance Rack at some point: Pigtails and Jersey respectively.  The green viny swirl by the pumpkin die is actually from SU's Scribble Swirls sizzlit.

Thanks so much for stopping by and a special thanks to Nancy for selecting my Aviary card in her iPicks yesterday!  What an honor!  Be sure to check out her blog for all kinds of great finds from her exhaustive blog search!

Thanks for visiting me today,
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Paper: Chocolate Chip, PUmpkin Pie, Whisper White, Greenhouse Gala DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Billboard alphabet strip, Pigtails & Jersey Ribbon Originals (retired), Scribble Swirls sizzlit, 1" circle punch, new Decorative Label punch.

1 comment:

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)