Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy for Mojo Challenges!

I made this card using yesterday's Mojo Monday sketch challenge and the colors are from the Stampin' Royalty color challenge (Cherry Cobler, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Not Quite Navy).  My Holiday Mini Preorder arrived while I was gone last week so I've been anxious to play with all the new goodies! 

Today I included the new Cherry Cobler seam binding that I had to have as it's the only thing close to ribbon SU has in that fabulous color.  The stamped frame is from the new stamp set Tags 'til Christmas- I just omitted the Dec. 25 when I inked it with my Not Quite Navy marker then punched it out with the AWESOME new Extra Large Decorative Label punch.  You are gonna WANT this punch!

The layered flowers are new to me also.  They are from a level one Hostess set in the Idea Book & Catalog called Punch Potpourri.  I just stamped them in two colors, punched them out and layered them with an old Not Quite Navy brad from my retired stash.  I love that each of these stamps fits a punch that I already have!!

I've been wanting to use the musical score paper from the Newsprint DSP and decided to combine it with a musical score embossing folder that I've had for quite a while and hadn't used yet (this is not an SU item but it does work fabulously in our Big Shot!)  And yes, I am somewhat musically inclined and I know my embossed score is upside down... that's the only way I could make it work with this sketch. 

I also used the Dotted embossing folder on the Old Olive layer and finished off the card by piering a scalloped border along the top.  The sentiment is from an old favorite, Fancy Flexible Phrases.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for another exciting Diva Color Challenge!  I've got a quick and easy set of cute note cards that will be great to have handy for last minute notes and gifts.

~Kristin

SUM (SU Mostly) Supplies
Stamps: Tags 'til Christmas, Fancy Flexible Phrases, Punch Potpourri hostess set
Colors: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobler (ribbon)
Accessories: Newsprint DSP, Big Shot, Dotted embossing folder, Musical embossing folder (by Cuttlebug), Cherry Cobler seam binding ribbon, Extra Large Decorative label punch, Boho Blossom punch, Not Quite Navy brad, Paper piercing tools

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the colour combo. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how this turned out. really pretty with all the embossing and music notes and what GREAT combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)