Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just Believe & Some Layered Ribbon

Ooh lala, I knew I'd like this color combo as soon as I read about it!  This week's Color Challenge on Splitcoast is to use Blushing Bride (In Color), Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso. 

My first attempt got pitched though, but the second one worked out better.  I attempted another use of my Smooch Spray, the Vanilla, just on the butterfly and like the added shimmer.  My ribbon is layered with the retired striped Riding Hood Red and some new Early Espresso Taffeta on top.  I actually taped them together in spots to make it easier to tie and realized that kept them together pretty well. 

Added a bit of extra dimension with the paper piercing around the circle and the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder on the left.  What do you think?  I'm pretty happy with it... even though I did completely forget about today's Diva challenge (and this card does NOT qualify).  I'm off to play along with my Diva pals now.  Why don't you come play too?! 

Hope you're having a great day!  Thanks for stopping by.
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Just Believe, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Colors: Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions embossing folder, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Striped Riding Hood Red grosgrain, Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kristin! I love the touch of vintage wallpaper EF and the piercing is such a great detail. The layered ribbon is also fantastic and I love how they look together. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kristin.....GREAT colors and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is fabulous! love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)