Wednesday, March 16, 2011

B&W For You Pansy

Ahoy Mateys!  I'm back today with a fabulous Diva sketch challenge for you.  And you simply MUST go to the Diva blog to check out the variety of creations the Divas have made with it!  I was short on time and went with the first idea to come to mind:  quick punched squares of Newsprint DSP!  The pansy was already sitting on my desk from a few days ago.  It is made with the butterfly punch!  Have you seen this technique??  I just punched two So Saffron butterflies then heavily sponged on some Concord Crush ink.  You could call them done then but I went ahead an spritzed them with my Vanilla Smooch Spray, added a So Saffron Glimmer Brad to the center and drew a few lines with my Concord Crush marker and a ruler. 

My sentiment is from Just Believe and is punched with my favorite, Modern Label punch.  It is lined with scraps bits of Concord Crush cardstock punched with the ribbon punch. 

Hope you like it!  Gotta run and get some dinner for the family.  Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Just Believe
Colors:  So Saffron, Concord Crush, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Accessories:  Newsprint DSP, Butterfly Punch, Modern Label punch, Glimmer Brad, Smooch Spritz spray, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch

5 comments:

  1. another wow! card from you. those newsprint squares are stunning and that flower is sooo cool. I had to look close to see the actual butterfly. way to get MORE bang for your buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! That newspring paper is fabulous and LOVE that pansy! I'll have to try one of those.
    Lovely card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pansy is beautiful. I love all the glimmer you added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute use of the butterfly punch to make a flower!

    Angel Hawks
    www.MakeSomethingCute.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO Beautiful, PERFECT take on the sketch and oooo LOVE that flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)