Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elegant Lines and a few challenges!

Remember yesterday when I said I stamped a few things but just wasn't thrilled with the outcome?  Well, here they are.  I know, I don't have to share everything, but they aren't horrible... just not thrilling me either.  I think I would really like the first one without the So Saffron ribbon- maybe with a Baja Ribbon instead, but since the Diva Color challenge for today included Baja Breeze, So Saffron and Regal Rose.  Plus, I am all out of Baja ribbon until my new order arrives in a few days!  I colored in the parts of the embossed areas using an Aqua Painter and ink from my inkpad lids.
This was my first take on this challenge and it's just a little too sweet and pastel for my liking I guess.  That's why I changed the sentiment from "Because I Care" to a baby card- more fitting I guess.  

My sketch for these two cards is from the Clean & Simple blog post HERE.  I hope you'll join the Divas today for our color challenge.  Be sure to hop on over to the blog to see what everyone came up with you! 

Hope you had a little bit of sunshine in your life today! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Because I Care, All Holidays
Colors: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Lines embossing folder, So Saffron wide grosgrain, Decorative Label punch, scallop border punch

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card--so dainty. Love your blog, which is now on my bookmark list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO this is BEAUTIFUL Kristin LOVE the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's not to love? This is just STUNNING! And I simply adore your idea of colouring in the embossed areas. BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea!

    I am your new follower from SC...

    Hope you can follow me.

    www.MakeSomethingCute.com

    Angel Hawks

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for sharing! I’m your newest follower from SC - #367 Kendra Richardson.
    You can find me @ www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful. I love the subtle colors you added into the embossed image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)