Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Friend

Hello!  Are you interested in seeing another sketch challenge card from me??  I love the Card Patterns blog and their fabulous sketches!  It is saved in my favorites for places to go for inspiration! 

This is my first use of the hostess set A Slice of Life.  I went with a color combo of Peach Parfait, Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and some Very Vanilla.  
The vase was actually painted with an aqua painter and some Early Espresso ink.  Not sure why it has the rosy tint, but it works with the colors.  I covered it with a layer of Crystal Effects for a bit of dimension and shine. 

Notice the Peach Parfait organdy ribbon?  I dyed it myself by holding it onto the Peach Parfait ink pad with a sponge and just pulling it across multiple times.  Didn't take long and I have a customized ribbon! 

I hope you like it!  I'll be back tomorrow with another DCBD challenge for you to try your hand at.  Thank you for the comments lately- they have meant a lot and they surely keep me stamping! 

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  A Slice of Life, Fabulous Phrases, Simply Stripes background (retired ages ago!)
Colors:  Peach Parfait, Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and some Very Vanilla
Accesories: Crystal Effect, Scalloped Trim border punch, Small oval punch, Chocolate Epoxy brad, White organdy ribbon, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - and I love those colors. So very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ribbon was the first thing I noticed, although I didn't realize it was hand dyed! love that and love the embossed piece under it-totally looks like fabric. great texture here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)