Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happiness Always

Happy Tuesday ladies and gentlemen!  Do you like bird cages as much as I do?  I think they are so graphic and visual- I just love the variation and appeal!  They make me think of a classy boutique.  Anyway, I wanted to try my hand at the Clean & Simple sketch below (FTL132) but just had to think of something unique other than what first came to mind (flowers).  It didn't take me long to decide on bird cages!  The hard part was figuring out a way to make them fit. 

I knew I wanted something sophisticated and whimsical at the same time so I paired them with the Nouveau Chic DSP (retired).  The best part is this gave me an excuse to use my new Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  It is the only ribbon in this color so if you LOVE Baja Breeze, and I know you do, you MUST have this ribbon! 
I did sneak something on here that isn't from Stampin' Up! and that is the tiny glass dew drops.  I've always been enamored by those dew drops and love how the color just seems to go perfectly with Baja.
I hope you've enjoyed today's card I made just for you!  Thanks for visiting!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies (unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Aviary, Whimsical Words
Colors: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Sage Shadow, So Saffron
Accessories: Curly Label punch, Nouveau Chic DSP, Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon, scallop trim border punch, distressing tool, corner rounder, non-SU dew drops

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin, I really like your elegant take on the challenge. Great minds think alike with the aviary birds - love them!
    Inky wishes, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, such a fun use of this sketch! Those cages are the cutest! That paper and ribbon certainly add that sophistication you were looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bird cages. they look great here. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Love the set you used, the paper and color combo.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristin! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...but, please don't stop stamping...lol!!! I love your work. This card is beautiful. The colors and DSP are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)