Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Color Challenge!


For this week's color challenge on Splitcoast, I made this card. The challenge was to use Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red and Soft Sky. Any neutrals are allowed (thank goodness!). The polka dot patterned paper is in the Summer Picnic pack and technically is Purely Pomegranate- but the dots are so small who could tell it's not ruby red?? (Put your hands down!) This stamp set, Wonderful You, is new to me which is why it's what I've used the last two days.

I embossed the leaf image in black and it turned out so sharp with the contrast- I really like it. The photo corners are popped up a bit for some dimension, as is the embossed sentiment which is on the Word Window punch trimmed to fit the small oval punch. I wanted to do something a tiny bit different with the Pumpkin mat so it is in three sections (you may not have noticed). A bit more work to do this, but not much. Mine is very subtle, but you can achieve a neat look doing this.

One more note, this card is a 6x6 folded in half. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Up! Supplies


Stamps: Wonderful You
Paper: Summer Picnic, Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Ruby Red
Ink: Basic black craft
Accessories: Black EP; photo corner, small oval & Word Window punches, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. ooo, I really like this card. That black stem look amazing with these colors behind it. very nice.Now I'm off to price some more (garage sale is tomorrow). Gotta love being able to schedule posts. Makes it look like I'm getting some stamping in, when really I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the big black leaf, the layout and paper you used.
    Hgus and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute card! lvoe the bold black leaf.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)